Artificial intelligence: the catalyst continues to accelerate the layout of technology giants
1. artificial intelligence was written into the government work report for the first time, and the follow-up catalysis was intensive.
The government work report on March 5, 2017 mentioned for the first time that it is necessary to accelerate the research and development and transformation of artificial intelligence and other technical personnel, which means that artificial intelligence has risen to the height of national strategy.Follow-up catalysts are intensive. Previously, Minister of Science and Technology Wan Gang said that “China’s Artificial Intelligence Innovation and Development Plan” will be released after the two sessions. On April 1, the 2017 IT Leaders Summit will discuss the topic of “New Era of Intelligence”; April 6 to 10 Day, Libratus Pokerrobot(21.50 -4.44%, BUY) The main creative team will visit China and will stage a man-machine battle; Chinese chess player Ke Jie will compete with AlphaGo in April and other hot spots will continue to catalyze the theme.
Second, artificial intelligence has become a hot spot for capital, and the future market potential is huge.
Since 2010, domestic artificial intelligence has gradually entered an explosive period, artificial intelligence enterprises have grown substantially, and a series of start-up companies and investment and financing institutions in the field of artificial intelligence have entered the public eye. 65 start-up companies received a total investment of 2.91 billion yuan. In 2016, the scale of China’s artificial intelligence market reached 23.9 billion yuan. In the past two years, China’s investment in artificial intelligence has also accelerated significantly. According to the “2017 China IT Market Annual Conference”, it is estimated that the artificial intelligence market will reach 38.1 billion yuan in 2018. The growth rate is 26.3%, and the market scale has huge potential.
3. International technology giants such as Google, Tencent, Ali, Baidu, etc. have deployed Industrial chains to accelerate the development of “artificial intelligence” industrialization.
The giants seize the high ground in the chip field and consolidate the computing foundation. At the same time, giant companies represented by Google are trying to build a complete industrial chain from the basic layer to the application layer through vertical acquisitions to speed up the implementation of artificial intelligence products. The domestic BAT giants mainly take advantage of their own massive data advantages, and through the horizontal “investment + cooperation” approach, lay out various fields at the application level, and accelerate the implementation of “AI+” at the application level. At present, artificial intelligence has made some achievements in the fields of speech recognition interaction and image recognition. Taking Baidu Brain as an example, the daily request volume of speech synthesis is 250 million, and the speech recognition rate can reach 97%.
4. The National Development and Reform Commission has set up an artificial intelligence national team to boost the development of artificial intelligence.
In the list of 2017 “internet +” major projects to be supported by the High-Tech Department of the National Development and Reform Commission, 22 projects have 4 AI companies on the list: Baidu, iFLYTEK, Tencent and Chongqing Zhongke Yuncong Technology . It is worth noting that these projects are the “AI basic resources public service platform/AI cloud service platform” of these companies, which can support cloud analysis and provide functions such as face recognition, text recognition, and online speech recognition. . It is understood that Baidu and Tencent have previously been approved by the National Development and Reform Commission to jointly build AI-related national engineering laboratories to build artificial intelligence basic resources and public service platforms. Advantages.
Five, investment advice: two main lines of investment, grasp the investment opportunities of artificial intelligence.
1) AI technology layer: companies with a first-mover advantage in the underlying technology. It is recommended to pay attention to HKUST Intelligence (cooperating with Fudan in brain-like artificial intelligence technology), Saiwei Intelligence (application of intelligent identification technology covering smart transportation, smart medical care, smart education, etc.), Heertai (relying on the underlying algorithm to build a big data platform) );
2) AI application layer: companies that have already put products into specific industry applications.
Pre: The United States officially launched... Next: Boston Dynamics Robot’s New Alg...