Industry Robot Coopearating with Universities
According to the latest statistics from the International Federation of Robotics, in 2015, the global sales volume of industrial robots was about 248,000 units, of which the sales volume of industrial robots in China was about 67,000 units, accounting for about a quarter of the global sales volume, becoming the world’s largest industrial robot market. Currently, one out of every five robots sold globally is installed in China. “According to the current growth rate of robot installations in China, the demand for talents has long been in a state of thirst.” However, because the curriculum settings of universities, vocational schools and training institutions are still lagging behind and the supporting facilities are lacking, it is difficult to form a systematic teaching process.
Since Changchun Automobile Industry College established the industrial robot major in 2012, its training resources mainly come from 5 KUKA C2 robots donated by FAW-Volkswagen for daily teaching and training. Using these 5 KUKA C2 robots can only make industrial robot technology Professional students are familiar with the basic structure of the robot and complete some basic operations on the robot. Although one KUKA C4 robot and three igm robots were later introduced through the Austrian government loan project, due to the limited number of newly purchased equipment and the lack of multi-machine linkage, they could not meet the needs of vocational education, let alone Meet the needs of social services.
To this end, our school cooperated with Changchun Schnelli Automation Engineering Co., Ltd. to establish an industrial robot technology center in Changchun Automobile Industry College.
(1) With the help of the industrial robot technology center, carry out robot system integration research and development, collaborative innovation, carry out application research and development of robot technology, jointly promote the development of high-tech products such as robots, the application and promotion of robot product markets, and promote local economic development.
(2) With the strength of enterprises, carry out social training services, create a distinctive training base for industrial robot technology professionals, and provide technical support for local economic development.
(3) Deepen school-enterprise cooperation, introduce advanced enterprise technology into classrooms in a timely manner, and realize “zero-gap” docking between professional technology and advanced manufacturing technology; cultivate a group of high-level trainers to provide a platform for promoting the development of vocational education.
(1) On May 27, 2016, the Robot Technology Center jointly established by our school and Changchun Schnelli Robot Automation Engineering Co., Ltd. was officially launched. The new industrial robot technology center includes three functional areas: industrial robot basic functional area, industrial robot actual combat functional area, and industrial robot technology research and development functional area.
①Basic functional area of industrial robots: We have upgraded the original 5 KUKA C2 robot systems; at the same time, we have carried out multi-functional and automated construction according to the teaching needs of vocational education: LC system has been added, and grippers, suction cups, Simulation tools such as welding torches; in addition, we also transformed a set of robots for mechanical disassembly and assembly training.
Through transformation, the basic functional area of industrial robots can carry out basic training in industrial robot technology, and can complete skill training tasks such as basic programming, advanced programming, and electrical maintenance and repair of industrial robots.
②Industrial Robot Actual Combat Functional Area:
On the basis of the existing KUKA C4 robot, LC system, remote control system, and body-in-white model are added to form a workstation training system with actual functional tasks to complete the training of industrial robot spot welding technology. At the same time, we have also built five new workstations: grasping welding workstation, biaxial displacement workstation, double-sided gripper workstation, pneumatic/servo spot welding workstation, and visual measurement workstation.
Through the introduction of advanced technology of enterprises, comprehensive practical skills training of industrial robots can be carried out in the industrial robot actual combat function area, so as to meet the customized technical training services of enterprises in the field of industrial robot application.
③Industrial robot technology research and development functional area: jointly build a robot system integration research and development center with enterprises, which can carry out research and development of non-standard robot systems and provide social and technical services to the outside world.
- Course module development. According to the needs of enterprises and the development frontier of technology, we have developed 6 training courses: industrial robot programming technology, robot network application and diagnosis, robot safety circuit design, robot drive system, typical robot process application, and MQB new standard application.
Since the industrial robot technology center of our school was officially put into use, it has successfully completed the KUKA C4 industrial robot training task for the technicians of the technical department and the stamping workshop of FAW Car Company for two shifts in just one month. The opening of the Robot Technology Center is an important measure for our school to cultivate high-end robotics talents and strengthen the connotation construction of robotics.
Pre: Status Quo of Industry Robot Next: A Plate Handling Workstation