Hand in hand with the cloud | Seamless data communication between sensors and the cloud
Digitization is penetrating more and more areas of industry. Technologies such as IO-Link, RFID and Ethernet dramatically increase the volume of data in the machine environment, while cloud services enable mobile global access.
But how do you extract truly relevant information from the internet of Things without overloading the network or revealing confidential content? Turck’s answer is to use networked sensors, efficient edge controllers and simple cloud solutions, in short, to take advantage of distributed automation capabilities.
IIoT connects two fields
With distributed processing, big data can be filtered specifically to generate intelligent data. In this way, parameters, process values or status information can be used in applications in a targeted and safe manner, for example for condition monitoring. However, the end-to-end networking of sensors with higher-level IT systems (such as the cloud) opens up even more application possibilities.
For example, two-way communication enables remote access to equipment and plants, which is valuable for deployments such as global services. Furthermore, high data availability paves the way for entirely new processes in production, logistics and supply chain management. Explore Turck’s future-proof IIoT architecture, from rugged sensors, powerful I/O devices and edge controllers to customized cloud applications.
efficient data transfer
– Distributed on-site pre-processing at the edge enables fast and latency-free incident response
– Multiprotocol Ethernet and edge controller technology reduces hardware and network load requirements
– Increased transparency in higher-level systems by focusing on relevant data
– Open system supports modular design and integration of third-party devices and different cloud services
– Use of status data as the basis for predictive maintenance ensures long-term high availability
– Integrated network enables access from machines and controllers down to individual devices
Strong protection against cybercrime
– Edge computing reduces data flow to the cloud, allowing sensitive data to remain in the OT network
– Kolibri protocol guarantees encrypted and lean communication with the cloud
– Integrated firewall and security features prevent tampering
Global one-stop service
– Complete solutions from a single source: from sensors, connectors, I/O and network technology to edge control and cloud systems
– Can save time and ensure device compatibility
– International production and distribution network provides worldwide on-site support and service
Pre: French International Agricultural Exh... Next: Beijing startup ROOBO releases artifi...